Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Went Out Shopping For a Bargain and Came Home With Gas!

It was Saturday afternoon and time to go shopping for food. I thought to myself, I have to go through the monotony of shopping, maybe I can have fun looking for a bargain shopping. Who knows, maybe even find the largest trading on the world.

First, I went in search of beef and hamburger. I did not find any bargains there. In fact, the hamburger meat I prefer is $ 4.50 a pound. That the lean hamburger meat. I got to see my cholesterol level, you know.

Then I thought, a can of soup should be very inexpensive. Soup, at least the kind I like, is approximately $ 2.50 and a can-can one is 19 ounces. Therefore, it is not really a negotiation, right?

Then I went down the aisle of bread. I do not think bread could cost too much, but that is $ 3.19 a loaf. There is a lot to a type of bread. At least, size wise there are more than a can of soup, though not weigh much. Let's face it $ 3.19 is not that much of the negotiation.

At this point, I was starting to doubt me find a bargain at all. On the other hand, might find a bargain for my dog. In this case, I thought I was on something. $ 2.00 for three cans of dog food. One can 13.2 oz. Therefore, that means I am getting almost 40 oz of two dollars. That is my best negotiation so far!

I needed to get off the detergent aisle to pick up some fabric softener. There was not much in the way of bargains there. A small bottle of fabric softener is priced at $ 6.19! After seeing that it was time to leave the hall.

Last on my list is water. Now, no doubt, it must be easy to find a bargain purchase of water! I like the water is 99 cents per bottle. Now that the cheap! Also, if you buy 12 bottles, instead of 99 cents a bottle will reduces their cost to 79 cents per bottle. There he is! It seemed that I found my grand bargain with water!

On the way home, noticed an blinking light on my desk. As I looked down I saw that it was appropriate to measure the gas. The needle was on E. It seemed a good idea to throw at the next gas station, which of course I did.

I thought to myself "boy, I'm glad I'm still not shopping for deals because I am sure you will not find one here!" Looking at the price of the pump verified this fact. 2.89 U.S. dollars per gallon, which is a scam!

As the dollars, I mean the gas, flowed into my tank, I wondered, what if everything you bought only sold in gallons? How the exorbitant price I'm paying at this gas station in comparison with the bids that were found at the grocery store?

I understand, a pint of one pound throughout the world. So what if hamburger meat were sold by the gallon? A pint of lean hamburger meat would be $ 4.50. Seeing as is 8 pints in a gallon, a gallon of lean hamburger meat from the ring in the record of $ 36! I thought, "I sure am glad this Buick does not run on hamburger!"

I'm glad that does not run in the soup, either. Composed of 19-ounce can, there are about 6.7 of a gallon cans of soup. Therefore, at $ 2.50 a can, soup actually goes for $ 16.75 per gallon.

I do not know about all bread, bread, but I eat comes in 16 oz loaves and cost $ 3.19. To convert 16 oz in 128 ounces, or a gallon, which are multiplied by 12. Therefore, the bread costs $ 25.52 per gallon. Wow! Are you sure you have to have a lot of bread if your car was bread!

Ah yes, but Cosmo (he's my dog) certainly has a bargain. $ 2.00 for 40 ounces. That means 128 ounces or a gallon of dog food cost $ 6.40. Well, I guess it is more expensive than gas, too.

Let's Just forget fabric softener. It costs $ 6.19 for a size less than a gallon, so it's not a bargain. But I did find some cheap liquid laundry detergent, sold for $ 2.50. It seems that you are in a gallon jug, but in reality, the container is 100 ounces. 100 oz is one of 78 gallon. That means a gallon of detergent, the sale is $ 3.20. That's the cheapest thing I've found so far, plus gas, I mean.

So I guess it comes to water. I bought 12 1-liter, or 33.8 oz water bottles of 79 cents each. So, I bought 405.6 ounces of water, or 3.17 gallons of water for $ 9.48. 3.17 gallons of gas pumping, I went to the gas station was: wait! How can this be? $ 9.16! The gas is cheaper than water!

After bargain hunting all afternoon, negotiating the best that I could find gas. Perhaps, it could do better. I'm not a very good buyer. But just remember, to be fair about it, when the shop for the best negotiation, you should use all before-tax prices.

With all that price, I've used before-tax prices. Everything, except the gas that is. New York, unleaded gasoline is sold on the New York Mercantile Exchange for $ 1.98. The rest of what you paid for a gallon of gas is taxes. Therefore, it seems that the gas is a business bigger than it seems at first glance. So much so, it appears that gasoline is the biggest business in the world.

Therefore, the only logical thing for us to do is write a letter to Exxon-Mobile or some other oil company. Apologies to them if they thought they were overloaded. Then, I thank you for giving us the largest trading on the world!

No comments: